Fall-Winter 2023/24 Girls Youth League
Big City Volleyball is excited to offer a Girls' Youth League for players Grades 7-12 in Brooklyn, Queens & Manhattan, who have the volleyball SKILLS and DESIRE to COMPETE in a LEAGUE with:
Weekend Refereed Matches
Standings / Playoffs / Uniforms
This program is a great for players who want to continue playing after school volleyball season ends or as an alternative to club volleyball WITHOUT THE:
Lack of playing time
Long drives to compete
10-month Club commitment
In order to participate, all NEW players must attend one Try-Out to be considered for the Fall-Winter 2023/24 League and should have prior playing experience on either a club or school team or have taken our advanced youth volleyball classes during the year or at one of our Summer Camps.
If you are selected, the entrance fee for new players to the League will be $950. Cost for returning players is $875.
All New players must attend at least one tryout to be considered for the league.
$25 Registration fee is a **TRYOUT FEE ONLY**.
For NEW players selected, the Girls Youth League program will cost $950 and include:
Fall - Winter 23/24 Season: Dec 4th - Feb 11th
3 Complimentary Open Play Sessions
8 Weekend Refereed Matches including Playoffs
City Championship - February 11th FOR TEAMS THAT QUALIFY
2 divisions: 7-8th grade / 9-12th grade
NO GAMES 12/23 & 12/30
Max roster size 12
All players are guaranteed to play a minimum of 2 sets per match
Experienced Big City Coaching Staff with collegiate experience + referees
Match Locations: Manhattan (Midtown West) / Brooklyn (Williamsburg) / Queens (Forest Hills)
Match Days: Saturdays
Match Time Frame: 11 am-6 pm
Once a Week Practice Days and Time (Depending on location): M-F from 5 pm – 7:30 pm
Manhattan Practice location - Upper West side / Upper East Side / West Village (Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday)
Brooklyn Practice location - Park Slope (Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday)
Queens Practice location - Forest Hills & Long Island City (Monday / Thursday / Friday)
OpenSports Team Chat (App and/or Web)
This is the most direct form of contact that team players and parents have with their coach, other than when meeting in person at practice and games. It is a great tool for communication regarding team specific issues, announcements, reminders, feedback. It allows all interested members (players, parents, coach, borough supervisors and BCV management) to be up to date with everything going on with the team. The following is key to take full advantage of the Team Chat function and to set the right expectations:
Common Cases Reported
- The player is getting the chats but the parent can't see them and is not getting important information
- The parent is getting the chats, but the player is not being able to access the team chat
- Additional parents/guardians do not have access to the team chat
- User (s) have multiple OpenSports accounts created (i.e. Email account, Apple Id account, Facebook Account) and the user they are logged into is not the user they registered with for the league
Troubleshoot Access to Team Chat
- If you have multiple OpenSports accounts or only player or parent is being able to access the team chat, simply make sure you both log in with the same registered user (the system allows you to log in from different devices).
- If you need to add an additional guardian to the team chat but don't want to share the same user you and your child share for registration: Email email@example.com indicating who needs to access the team chat, including player name, team name, and relation of the person to the player, as well as confirming that you as a parent authorize the additional person to be added to the team chat. We will share a secret link with you to share with the person to join the league as "Authorized Additional Guardian/Contact"
Support and Response Times
We ask to allow the coach/admin time to respond. Coaches/admin staff can not monitor the chat 24/7, so please allow at least 24 hours to respond. Non-team related questions should be directed to the borough manager (follow the Handbook for contact information)
Additional Channels of Communication for anything non-team related
- Borough Supervisors:ManhattanAlex Kemsley: firstname.lastname@example.orgMelissa Dominguez: email@example.comBrooklynJamal Chance: firstname.lastname@example.orgQueensGabriela Cid: email@example.com
- BCV Info Email:
- BCV Info OpenSports User: